Current Courses (Disciplines )
Following disciplines and courses are currently taught;
· Chemistry; general chemistry, Bioorganic chemistry,
· Biochemistry; General Biochemistry, Medical Biochemistry
· Biology; medical biology, genetics, and parasitological biology
· Physics; Biophysics
· Mathematics and Information Technology
Educational process at the department is provided with a set of educational and methodical documentation.
Educational-methodical guidelines are placed on educational portal.
Syllabus and other methodical manuals
Assessment of student’s learning for courses is determined according to the point-rating system for the control of student performance (decision of the Academic Council of the OshSU.
The requirements for the current, interim and final control (determination) of learning
Current control of learning is carried out on every lesson by:
· Testing with multiple choices testing systems,
· Conversation (oral question and answer) with students with discussion of the most important topics.
· Solving professionally-oriented situational tasks.
· Evaluation of the tasks out of class work (individual learning).
Assessment of knowledge (learning) is determined by the computer based testing- module (multiple choice testing), conversation with students, solving of the situational tasks, evaluation of the performances of the student’s individual study (SIS) topics.
Attestation - EXAM
Exam is conducted independently and applied computer technology.
Computer testing- Exam include the average of 70 test questions for one credit.
Evaluation criteria for the Exam (computer testing)
61-74% percent correct answers - "satisfactory"
75-86% -correct answers - "good"
87-100% -correct answers - "excellent"
Department’s main direction in the educational and methodical work:
· improvement of the teaching program (syllabus) for courses and the preparation of new training manuals for the laboratory and independent work of students
· development of quizzes for teaching and multiple choice tests for assessment and situational tasks for SIS
· Application of computer based learning and training programs,
· Development of illustrative materials for practical courses and lectures.
· Development of the assessment bank for evaluation of students in competencies
· Development of educational and methodical guidelines, teaching aids, scientific articles and textbooks